Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Balancing the Plates

I'm talking about the ones spinning in the air.  You know--the Laundry Plate, the Homeschooling Plate, the Wife Plate, the Mother Plate, the Meals Plate, and the list goes on.  Occasionally one slips and crashes to the floor, but some glue and a flick of the wrist soon gets it back in the atmosphere.  By glue I mean realization that something is out of balance and then thought and insight to bring it back in balance.  By flick of the wrist I mean actually doing something about it, like cutting back on commitments or seeing a 10yo with new eyes of compassion. 

In the coming posts I'll share some systems that work for us in balancing these areas of life.  There's nothing new under the sun, but hearing how others "just do it" can be helpful.  My maxims will be "Less is More," "A Place for Everything," and "Good is Good Enough."  That said, there are probably other blogs that expound on "Ironing Sheets," "Making Your Own Bread," and "Sewing All of Your Family's Clothes."  I have ironed (but never a sheet), I have made bread a few times, and I am actually a very good seamstress, but these activities are unfortunately not what you can anticipate from future posts.  I'm not opposed to frozen pizza and it's been years since our laundry baskets were completely empty, but we've managed to function with a fair amount of efficiency and order over the years, so I'll go with reality and truth over making me look good. :-)

5 comments:

  1. Looking forward to this series!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who is the author of the book on your sidebar, Weight Loss God's Way?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is by Frank Smoot and is available as a somewhat expensive e-book, but it has good information on how our thoughts and self-talk affect our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "so I'll go with reality and truth over making me look good."

    Great! That's what I'm looking for. :)
    Thanks for taking the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord I have come over to see you...I know that I will be blessed!
    Looking forward to "reading"...
    Blessings~
    Lori

    ReplyDelete